We work with young people and adults individually, as well as couples, families, groups, organisations and communities to understand their challenges, what is maintaining these, why or how they came to being and how we can adapt or what we have influence to change to have a positive impact. Our interventions vary in intensity depending upon your needs or desires. Our therapeutic relationships can be established in a variety of ways, in a clinic setting, at school, work or online. We have face to face clinic sessions, online consultations to reach out to people around the world, or individual coaching which can vary in contact needs according to your circumstances.
At Blue Lotus, we believe that we are not defined and do not define people by labels and diagnoses, individuals have their own experiences that have influenced their psychological health. That said, clinical diagnoses and labels are commonly used as ‘shorthand’ for describing ‘symptoms’ and some find them more helpful to explain their distress. The most important perspective is that of the individual. Individuals may experience a range of difficulties, these may be complex and will not fit a particular description, and therefore an intervention from a Clinical Psychologist may provide individuals with a means of understanding such complexities.
We have experience in working alongside individuals who experience a kaleidoscope of emotional stress and distress for a wide variety of reasons, including the following:
- Stress, low mood
- Low self-esteem and/or confidence
- Anger, irritability and aggression
- Alcohol and/or substance misuse
- Relationship difficulties
- Adjustment and transition, Expat life and repatriation, Culture shock, Third Culture Kid/Third Culture Family’s
- Adjustment and coping, bereavement and grief responses to loss (death, relationships, health)
- Coaching for change and achievement of ambitions and goals
- Low or depressed mood
- Anxiety (inc. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Agoraphobia, Panic Disorder, Specific Phobias)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Clinical Mood disorders (inc. Depression, Bi-Polar Affective Disorder, Mania)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders, Learning Disability and Learning Difficulties